Welcome Families, Graduates, and Guests!
Students: review student information
Welcome! We are excited to have you visit Ithaca and the beautiful Cornell campus for Cornell University's 2014 Commencement Weekend on May 23, 24, 25.
We are pleased to offer accessible seating and parking for guests, including those with limited mobility.
An invited guest will speak at Senior Convocation on Saturday. The university president delivers the Commencement address on Sunday. Colleges/departments also have events planned for graduates and their families.
You do not need tickets to attend the University Commencement Ceremony or Senior Convocation, and there is no limit to the number of guests who may attend. However, these arrangement may change if weather becomes severe the morning of either of these two main events.
Please explore the links to the left for details about how to get here, where to stay, where to eat, where to park, college/department ceremonies & receptions, and events happening throughout the weekend.
To help you plan your weekend, we have prepared a student & family CHECKLIST. The document contains links to help you navigate through the Commencement website as well.
Here are a few tips to make your weekend more enjoyable:
- Be prepared for weather (sunblock, umbrella, etc.). We remain outdoors in rain and the stadium is not covered.
- Bring your Severe Weather Tickets to Ithaca. Tickets are not replaced or reprinted.
- Family & friends not traveling to Ithaca may join the celebration via webcast!
- Dress per your comfort level (business-casual is common) or for the event you plan to attend following Commencement.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes! (Bring bandaids for blisters.)
- Consider carrying extra camera batteries.
- Bring activities for young children do quietly in their seats.
- Make arrangements for mobility-impaired family members, as vehicles do not unload passengers at the stadium.
- Please consider bringing a wheelchair or transport chair for the comfort and safety of elderly guests. Although it may not be needed at stadium events, a wheelchair or transport chair is to shuttle around campus Saturday & Sunday). If so, please be sure to request Option 1 (yellow) parking & seating arrangements.
- In addition to University Commencement, you and your graduate will also attend a college or department event. Many colleges and departments have events planned for Sunday afternoon, immediately following University Commencement. However, some hold their events on Saturday rather than Sunday. If the student's college/department does not have an event planned for Sunday afternoon, your only event to attend on Sunday may be University Commencement which will end at noon.
- No alcohol, glass bottles, or pets at Schoellkopf Stadium.
- Make sure all family/guests know the graduate's college & department.
- Weekend events are usually finished by 3:30pm Sunday, and campus roads re-open at 4:00pm.
- Graduates must return cap & gown on campus by 5:00pm Sunday.
- Diplomas are mailed to graduates in June.
Enjoy the festive weekend!
Planning Your Weekend
To help plan your travel schedule and weekend itinerary, we have posted weekend events (as we are informed of them). Because colleges, departments and student groups plan their own events for Commencement Weekend, there is no helpful one-size-fits-all weekend itinerary that we can post for students/families. Please visit our Weekend Schedule page for help with planning your weekend.
Navigating This Website
Still can't find what you're looking for?
B13 Day Hall
Ithaca, New York 14853