Welcome Families, Graduates, and Guests!
Students: view student information page
Welcome! We are excited to have you visit Ithaca and the beautiful Cornell campus for Cornell University's 2014 Commencement Weekend on May 23, 24, 25.
We are pleased to have arrangements for family members to attend, including those with limited mobility.
Here are a few tips to make your weekend more enjoyable:
General Information for the Weekend
- Dress per your comfort level (business-casual is common).
- Wear comfortable walking shoes! (Bring bandaids for blisters.)
- Be prepared for weather (sunblock, umbrella, etc.)
- Consider carrying extra camera batteries.
- Bring activities for young children do quietly in their seats.
- Make arrangements for mobility-impaired family members.
- Consider bringing a wheelchair for elderly (to shuttle around campus).
- Be sure to bring your Severe Weather Tickets to Ithaca.
- Weekend events are finished by 3:30pm Sunday.
- No alcohol, glass bottles, or pets at Schoellkopf Stadium.
- Make sure all family members know the graduate's college/department.
Enjoy the festive weekend!
Planning Your Weekend
To help plan your travel schedule and weekend itinerary, we have posted weekend events (as we are informed of them). Because colleges, departments and student groups plan their own events for Commencement Weekend, there is no helpful one-size-fits-all weekend itinerary that we can post for students/families. Please visit our Weekend Schedule page for help with planning your weekend.
Navigating This Website
Still can't find what you're looking for?
B13 Day Hall
Ithaca, New York 14853